Rule by a single leader who has not been elected and may use force to keep control. In a military dictatorship, the army is in control. Usually, there is little or no attention to public opinion or individual rights.
Countries where dictatorship is practiced are: Libya, Iraq, Algeria, Uzbekistan & Kyrgyzstan.
· There is no need to wait for a committee a group decision or for an oversight committee when the dictator sees a problem he moves rapidly to fix it.
· If dictator is responsible person, he can do well.
· The dictator may be a benevolent dictator meaning that the dictator actually acts out in the best interests of the people.
· Losses of Freedom of choice - Citizens no longer have the choice to choose who governs them. They cannot vote in elections as it is all decided for them.
· The Government will have absolute power. The government may not think in the best interests of the people. They may be more interested in building large lavish palaces for themselves than feeding their people.
· The people may be oppressed by the regime as the government would be intent on keeping their power away from the citizens.