Wednesday 6 July 2011

Computer gamers less likely to go to university: study



LONDON: Frequently playing computer games appears to reduce a teenager`s chances of going to university, while reading enhances the likelihood that they will go on to study for a degree, according to research carried out by Oxford University that tracked 17,000 people born in 1970.

Reading was also linked to careers success, as the research finds 16-year-olds who read books at least once a month were significantly more likely to be in a professional or managerial job at 33 than those who didn`t read books at all.

According to me the title of study should have been that Gaming Addiction leads gamers less likely to go to university. There's no harm in gaming, I do myself so and many of my friends do. When I had semester break I do gaming alot. Furthermore I know few people around me who are computer gamers and are growing to become computer graphics designers & graphics card designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment